Total Time: 5hr. 45min.
Servings: 16 servings
What You Need
- 1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1-1/4 cups plus 3 Tbsp. sugar, divided
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 4 pkg. (8 oz. each) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 4 eggs
- 1 pkg. (10 oz.) frozen cherries
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- Heat oven to 325°F.
- Combine graham crumbs, 3 Tbsp. sugar and butter; press onto bottom of 9-inch springform pan.
- Beat cream cheese, 1 cup of the remaining sugar and vanilla with mixer until blended. Add eggs, 1 at a time, mixing on low speed after each just until blended. Pour over crust.
- Bake 55 min. or until center is almost set. Run knife around rim of pan to loosen cake; cool before removing rim. Refrigerate cheesecake 4 hours.
- Meanwhile, cook cherries, lemon juice and remaining sugar in saucepan on medium heat 8 to 10 min. or until cherries are tender and sauce is thickened. Cool completely. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Spoon cherry topping over cheesecake before serving.
Sweets can add enjoyment to a balanced diet, but remember to keep tabs on portions.
Reduce oven temperature to 300°F if using a dark nonstick springform pan.
Omit cherry topping. Top chilled cheesecake with your favorite fresh fruit just before serving.