This Asian Chicken Salad with chopped chicken, deep-fried wontons, and a delicious Asian dressing is a quick and easy meal for those busy weeknights.
Asian Chicken Salad
This Asian chicken salad recipe is really easy to make and it’s perfect for a any night of the week or even a potluck. The entire process only takes 30 minutes since the dressing needs to set and merry a little bit.
Why We Love this Recipe
I’m always on the lookout for new chicken salad recipes and I love trying out new variations – especially ones with an Asian twist! Chicken salads are the perfect way to use up the left over chicken in your fridge and a super fast meal to make.
Ingredients & Variations
The possibilities with this salad are endless. It’s a favorite of mine because you can use any leftover meat or seafood, plus it tastes great when served vegetarian-style! I have some great veggies listed but you can add broccoli, red peppers, and so much more.
The Asian Salad Dressing
How to Make an Asian Chicken Salad
Asian Chicken Salad
- 1 head iceberg lettuce rinsed and chopped
- 1/2 head red cabbage rinsed and chopped
- 4 CUPS shredded chicken
- 3 green onions chopped
- 11 ounce Mandarin orange segments can, drained.
- 1/4 CUP toasted almonds sliced
- 1/4 CUP sunflower seeds shelled
- 2 TBSP brown sugar
- 2 TSP soy sauce
- 1/4 CUP vegetable oil
- 3 TBSP rice vinegar
- ramen noodles Crushed
- Wonton strips
- Rice noodles
- Prepare the dressing about 30 minutes ahead of time. Whisk together the brown sugar,soy sauce, oil, and rice vinegar until mixed or put the ingredients in a mason jar and shake to combine
- In a large bowl combine the iceberg lettuce, cabbage, shredded chicken, green onions,oranges, almonds and sunflower seeds
- Right before serving toss with the dressing and serve immediately.
- For the crunchy topping you can use either crushed up ramen noodles, wonton strips(found in the salad aisle) or fried rice noodles.
- To make the rice noodles, heat a skillet with a few tablespoons of oil and add thenoodles just a few at a time to the hotoil. When they puff up take them out of the oil anddrain on paper towels. They will cook extremely fast
If you’re looking for a light and healthy recipe that’s perfect for summer, this Asian Chicken Salad is just right. It has all the freshness of traditional salads with an added crunch from wontons and rice noodles. Plus it’s topped off with a tangy Asian-style dressing to make your taste buds dance! This Asian chicken salad makes enough servings to share or enjoy as leftovers without any fussing over who gets what on their plate first. So grab your favorite ingredients and whip up one of these delicious recipes today!