If you want that summer-ready body, but can’t fight your dessert cravings, then we’ve got just the recipe for you. Hold on to your seat because you’re in for a sweet treat!
2 oz. Cream cheese
1/4 cup Butter, unsalted
1 large egg
1/2 cup Stevia granular sugar
2 tsp Vanilla extract
1 tbsp Sour cream
3 cups Almond flour
1/4 cup Water
HOW TO MAKE EASY KETO CHEESECAKE COOKIES
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Create sugar syrup. In a pot, add water and sugar and stir over medium heat until fully combined.
3. Mix in the butter, sour cream and cream cheese. In a large bowl, use a hand mixer or whisk to mix butter, sour cream, cream cheese, and sugar syrup together.
4. Mix egg and vanilla together in a small bowl. Then add the mixture to the main bowl and mix.
5. Slowly add almond flour to the wet ingredients.
6. Divide the cookie dough. Using an ice cream scooper or tablespoon, scoop some dough and roll them into balls between your palms.
7. Flatten out the cookie dough balls with your palm and place on a baking tray.
8. Bake for 15-18 minutes or until the edges are golden brown.
9. Remove cookies from the oven and allow them to cool at least 5 minutes.
DOWNLOAD THE RECIPE HERE
Keto Cheesecake Cookies
- Baking Tray
- Hand Mixer
- 2 oz. Cream Cheese
- 1/4 cup Butter Unsalted
- 1 pc Egg Large
- 1/2 cup Stevia granular sugar
- 2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp Sour cream
- 3 cups Almond flour
- 1/4 cup Water
- Preheat oven to 350o.
- Create sugar syrup. In a pot, add water andsugar and stir over medium heat until fully combined.
- Mix in the butter, sour cream and creamcheese. In a large bowl, use a hand mixer or whisk to mix butter, sour cream, creamcheese, and sugar syrup together.
- Mix egg and vanilla together in a small bowl. Then add the mixture to the main bowl and mix.
- Slowly add almond flour to the wet ingredients.
- Divide the cookie dough. Using an ice cream scooper or tablespoon, scoop some dough and roll them intoballs between your palms.
- Flatten out the cookiedough balls with your palm and place on a baking tray.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until the edges aregolden brown.
- Remove cookies from theoven and allow them to cool at least 5 minutes.
Here are 15 of the most frequently asked questions about Keto Cheesecake Cookies:
What sweetener works best in keto cheesecake cookies?
The best sweetener choice for keto cheesecake cookies depends somewhat on your personal palate preferences, but certain options replicate the creamy sweet essence a touch more authentically. Some ideal picks include:
Erythritol – This naturally derived sugar alcohol provides a clean sweetness very reminiscent of real sugar without spiking blood sugars. No bitterness or weird aftertaste which is great in delicate baked goods.
Monkfruit – Monkfruit extract offers wonderful purity of flavor without any harsh chemical undertones. It beautifully accents cookie and cheesecake flavors for a crisp cookie shell with tender filling.
Stevia Glycosides – The newer improved stevia-based products like stevia glysosides eliminates much of the bitter metallic taste making it fantastic for sweetening everything from fruity desserts to chocolaty confections.
Allulose – Though it does add some moisture which requires recipe adjustments, this innovatively produced rare sugar possesses very similar taste, texture and performance to table sugar helping food retain authentic essence.
While sugar alcohols like xylitol or erythritol work well, the newer generation of alternative sweeteners derived from monkfruit and stevia extracts take keto-friendly low carb desserts like luscious cheesecake cookies over the top! Try combinations for complexity too.
Is almond flour necessary or can you use other nut flours?
Almond flour works wonderfully in keto cheesecake cookies, but you can successfully use other nut flours too with a few adjustments based on their unique properties:
Walnut Flour – Offers deeper richness and tender crispness but requires additional binding help through eggs or xanthan gum to achieve similar stability almond flour’s drier crumb provides.
Cashew Flour – Imparts extra buttery sweetness though slightly heavier, dense finished texture. May benefit from a bit more leavening power through baking powder or foam folding.
Pecan Flour – Also contributes fantastic nuanced flavor complexity and floral aroma though runs a touch more oily so requires additional absorbent starches or protein isolates supplementing to reach ideal chewy cookie consistency.
Pistachio Flour – Brings pretty green flecks along with delicate nuttiness allowing fruit or chocolate flavors shine. Tendency to clump together means more liquid and extra mixing needed.
Coconut Flour – Despite rich essence, extremely high fiber content pulls more moisture. Start by swapping no more than 20% to maintain proper binding moisture ratios with other alternative flours providing structure.
Getting creative blending nutty flours together like almond and coconut combines strengths while masking any singular underlying dominant traits. But almond flour alone makes a perfectly marvelous keto cookie canvas on its own merit too!
How long do the cookies take to bake?
Baking times for keto cheesecake cookies range typically between 15-22 minutes. However, variation exists depending on specific recipe factors including:
Cookie Size – The wider and thicker the scooped dough mounds, the more additional minutes required to fully cook interiors once the outer shell browns. Scale back oven temp if bottoms overbrowning.
Altitude – Higher elevations above sea level necessitate slightly reduced temperatures (by abut 25 degrees F) and extra bake time, around 2-5 minutes longer for adequate doneness without dryness.
Oven Calibration – All ovens heat differently with potential hot spots. Verify accuracy with an independent thermometer and adjust temp or rotate pans accordingly if uneven baking emerges.
Water Content – The more moisture from wet ingredients like cream cheese and egg yolks, the longer bake times needed for more gradual cook through without maintaining raw centers that risk unpleasant textures.
Visual Checks – Cracking open a test cookie periodically checks the inner color and texture clues signaling precisely when that moment of ideal doneness lands. This overrides any generic time estimate reliance.
Getting perfectly baked, flavorfully infused keto cheesecake cookies relies on both temperature and time mastery through each unique oven’s signature heat precision. Let visual, aroma and touch signs guide you to cookie greatness!
Do you have to chill the cookie dough before baking?
Chilling the dough before baking is an optional but highly recommended step when making keto cheesecake cookies. Here’s why it makes a big difference:
– Chilling allows flour to fully hydrate for better moisture distribution rather than dry spots if baked immediately. Gluten relaxes too.
– Solidifies butter chunks unable to fully integrate into room temp dough resulting in ideal neatly dispersed flakes creating signature texture.
– Powdery ingredientswon’t get overworked losing rising power if continuous stirring needed to re-soften warm dough between cookie scooping.
– Thicker chilled dough is less likely to spread losing shape entirely during that critical oven heat shock moment right after tray placement.
While impatient bakers can certainly skip straight to plopping dough on sheets after mixing, extending patience through at least an hour of easy advance dough chilling lets those star ingredients properly settle into place for maximum melt-in-your-mouth cookie magic once the buttery, cheesecake-stuffed treasures emerge bake ready!
What extracts provide the best cheesecake flavor?
In addition to tangy cream cheese itself, certain extracts can help elevate the cheesecake essence in keto cookies. Some ideal picks include:
Vanilla Extract – This baking staple adds familiar warmth, butteriness and gentle floral vanilla bean sweetness that highlights cookie richness beautifully. Start with 1-2 teaspoons vanilla.
Lemon Extract – Sparing use of just 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon super potent lemon oil creates wonderful contrast reminiscent of sweet lemon curd swirled cheesecakes. Goes great with fruit mix-ins.
Orange Extract – For subtle citrus nuance without puckering intensity, a few drops bright orange extract interplays elegantly with cheesy flavors calling to mind dreamsicle cupcake variations.
Almond Extract – Those distinctive aromatic almond scents and flavors woven intricately into cookie batter and cheesecake filling create comforting impressions akin to amaretto liquors.
Coconut Extract – In keto baking especially, evoking subtle tropical flair from delicate coconut extract parallels creaminess of classic coconut cream pies taking adaptations next level.
While cheesecake on its own needs little help shining, judiciously implementing corresponding aromatic extracts in supportive backup roles allows crafting incredibly layered cookie intricacy sure to have lucky taste testers swearing blissful ambrosia-like resonance with every extraordinary bite!
What are good mix-in options for the cookies like chocolate or fruit?
One of the best aspects of cheesecake cookies is all the fun mix-in possibilities from chocolate chunks to fruit variations that lend beautiful texture and flavor contrasts! Some top choices are:
Dark Chocolate – Go for cacao nibs or chopped chunks of 60-85% extra dark chocolate bars for lovely bittersweet punctuation contrasting the sweet creaminess. About 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup mix-ins per recipe.
Dried Fruit – Finely minced dried fruits like cherries, apricots, apples or cranberries offer natural sweetness with condensed intensity that cutthrough rich cheese flavors nicely in focused bursts.
Fresh Berries – Whole raspberries, blackberries or blueberries baked right into dough provide juicy pops of summery brightness and gorgeous oozing magma-like jeweled interiors! Toss berries gently in flour first to prevent sinking.
Citrus Zest – For lovely subtle perfume essence, the finely grated zest of lemons, limes or oranges brighten up cookie flavors with misty background notes. Start with about a tablespoon per batch.
Nut Pieces – Toasted walnuts, pecans or almonds lend fabulous crunch factor with toasty roasty hints of underlying flavor able to hold up boldly against assertive cream cheese stars of the show.
Swirl and marble vibrant mix-ins galore or pile generously stuffed throughout dough itself. Either way, cheesecake cookies only get more glorious pulling flavor and visual inspiration from complementary ingredients!
How can you adjust the recipe to be dairy-free or egg-free?
It’s easy to adapt this keto cheesecake cookie recipe to be either dairy-free or egg-free with some simple ingredient substitutions:
To Make Dairy-Free:
– Use vegan cream cheese or plain vegan yogurt alternative
– Use non-dairy milk like almond, oat or soy instead of heavy cream
– Replace butter with vegan butter sticks or coconut oil
– Use dairy-free white chocolate chips or cacao nibs
To Make Egg-Free:
– Swap each egg called for with:
1 Tablespoon chia or flax seeds whisked vigorously in 3 Tablespoons water
1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce or mashed banana
1/4 cup aquafaba (chickpea liquid)
Or use commercial egg replacer equivalent to size called for
– For cookie binding, may need extra pulse in food processor if omitting eggs entirely
With so many high quality dairy-free cream cheese options now available plus genius chickpea aquafaba applications, crafting delicious egg and dairy-free keto cookie creations is more convenient than ever for friends with food intolerances to get their cheesecake fix too!
How long do the baked cookies last stored in an airtight container?
Properly stored in an air-tight container at room temperature, baked keto cheesecake cookies will last fresh and tasty for approximately 7-10 days. Here are some storage tips:
Cool Completely – Allow cookies to completely cool post baking before stacking together for storage. Warm cookies lead to moisture and texture issues faster.
Use Durable Container – Glass, plastic or stainless steel containers with well-sealed lids prevent humidity intrusion leading to undesirable staleness and soft textures over time.
Separate Layers – If storing more than one batch, slip pieces of parchment between cookie tower layers to prevent sticking together or coating transfer.
Limit Light Exposure – Store container away from prolonged direct sunlight contact to help retain ideal texture since fat bloom development accelerates over time destroying tender mouthfeel.
Revive Stale Cookies – Improperly stored cookies losing their luster regain fabulous crispy exterior contrast putting back into a warm oven for 1-2 minutes if within 2 week window.
With attentive cooling and sealing tactics, these marvelously rich and buttery keto cheesecake cookies dazzle lucky recipients with tender cookie crumb giving way to smooth, sweet cream cheese perfection no matter when cravings strike up to 10 days later!
Is cream cheese for frosting necessary or just optional?
Using a rich and creamy cream cheese frosting on these keto cheesecake cookies is absolutely optional, albeit highly recommended for ultimate flavor and texture contrast similar to eating actual cheesecake! Here’s a convincing case for going the frosting route:
Echoes Cheesecake Essence
Adding tangy cream cheese frosting ties the bow on an already cheesecake-inspired cookie by mirroring the lush essence of classic fillings encased in tender crusts. Smeared generously between layered cookies or swirled artfully over the top, the effect brings pure decadence.
Lovely Sweet & Salty Balance
Therich indulgence of silky cream cheese frosting plays beautifully against the hint of saltiness often added to shortbread-like keto cookie recipes. When paired together, an almost salty-sweet dynamic emerges reminiscent of the balance striked in authentic New York cheesecake desserts.
Delicious Soft Texture Contrast
Thick, creamy frosting provides sumptuous contrast against the crisp, buttery edges of freshly baked keto cookies for sensory appeal by marrying textures skillfully through soft and crispy components in harmonious unison.
Endless Flavor Variations
Beyond plain, creativity abounds! Consider swirling in lemon curd, chocolate ganache, peanut butter or your favorite fruit preserves into the cream cheese. This allows for showstopping cookie appearances with dynamic flavor notes as beautiful as they are mouthwatering.
So while certainly still fabulously delicious solo, going above and beyond to swath keto cookies in specialty cream cheese frosting definitely dial scrumptious visual flair and palatal contrast to 11!
What protein powder works best in the keto cookie recipe?
The best protein powders to incorporate into keto cheesecake cookie recipes are ones that offer high protein impact without negatively influencing texture or overpowering the delicate flavor balance. Some top options include:
Whey Isolate Powder – This fast-absorbing dairy derivative provides awesome lift and structure replicating bread flour nicely. Its mild flavor allows cheesecake essence shine rather than compete. Ideal for boosting protein.
Egg White Powder – This versatile powder made from real egg whites melds wonderfully into cookie dough delivering extra binding power naturally. It brings proteins without unwanted yolk fats sabotaging the careful macros.
Pea Protein Powder – As a hypoallergenic choice, this vegan powder made by milling yellow split peas blends smoothly with minimal influence on batter moisture or denseness. It carries very little taste of its own either.
Pumpkin Seed Protein – Though pricier, this greenish powder offers pleasantly mild toasted nuttiness interplaying beautifully against creamy cheesy flavors while uniquely gifting important mineral nutrition absent from other powders.
Aim for powders offering at least 15-20 grams of protein per quarter cup mixed into dough. Though optional, smartly incorporating just a couple spoonfuls powder into the batter helps health-ify these keto cookies wonderfully!
What can I do to prevent the cookies from spreading too much?
Troublesome cookie spread leading to one giant flattened mass rather than cute individual cookie shapes is frustrating but conquerable through small tweaks in handling methods and ingredient precautions when baking up keto cheesecake cookies:
– Chill dough thoroughly before scooping to firm up butter preventing initial melt splash
– Portion dough into rounded mounds using small ice cream scoop for uniform sizing
– Space mounds wider apart allowing for estimated flow radius as it bakes
– Press a dimple into each cookie center using your thumb giving batter somewhere to go downward rather than outward as it melts
– Use parchment paper instead of greased sheets for easier nonstick release averting drag spread
– Opt for almond flour which absorbs more ambient moisture during oven spring preventing spread
– Rotate sheets mid bake to prevent uneven baking with edges overcooking before middles set
– Cool baking sheets fully between batches so dough doesn’t liquefy prematurely when hitting hot metal
– Gently reshape any misshapen warm cookies using fork or offset spatula shortly after removing trays from the oven
Through knowing your unique oven’s hotspots and handling characteristics of doughs, beautifully rounded uniform keto cheesecake cookies emerge every batch when making small proactive tweaks.
How do you make a graham cracker crust on the bottom of the cookies?
Giving these lush keto cheesecake cookies an authentic graham cracker crust bottom provides fun textural contrast mimicking classic pie construction. Here are two easy application methods:
Graham Dough Base Layer:
– Prepare a separate small batch of keto graham cracker dough using almond flour, butter, sweetener and cinnamon.
– Line cookie sheets with parchment paper then firmly press teaspoon sized balls of graham dough into flattened crust bases.
– Freeze the tray briefly to harden dough then plop cheesecake cookie batter in heaps over the top.
– The cheesecake dough will bake up chewy on top of the crispy graham cracker layer.
Graham Crumble Mix-In:
– Make desired cheesecake cookie recipe as written but fold 1⁄2 cup crushed storebought graham crackers into the batter.
– Allow cookies to bake up normally then cool. The graham bits will settle towards the bottom creating a delicate crumbly crust effect beneath the creamy cookie layer.
With smart baking tricks, the essence of pie crust gets infused beautifully offering textural intrigue bite after nostalgic bite. Enjoy treats mimicking your favorite diner dessert now deliciously keto-fied!
What can you substitute for the cream cheese in the filling?
The luscious cream cheese component plays a starring role in cheesecake cookies, but some great substitutes exist for customizing texture and flavors:
Greek Yogurt – Provides similar tang factor and luxuriously thick consistency for binding while lending extra protein value. Just ensure reaching adequate moisture.
Ricotta Cheese – Imparts delightful lightness with pleasant dairy nuance. Often used in authentic Italian cheesecakes too. Compensate moisture through an extra egg yolk or more extract flavors.
Mascarpone – Super rich, almost buttery flavor from this soft triple cream cheese makes a decadent substitution. Cut back on additional fats to account for ample built-in cream content.
Goat Cheese – Interesting twist swapping in crumbled goat cheese brings delightful tang and complexity to cookie while keeping things light. Herbs like rosemary accent it beautifully.
Creamy Nut Butters – For plant based options, smooth nut/seed butters like cashew, sunflower or coconut butter replicates unctuous texture spectacularly. Just avoid crunchy styles for uniformity.
Don’t be afraid to riff on traditional cream cheese expectations by sampling an array of luscious cheese or dairy-free alternatives to create your own signature keto cheesecake cookie incarnations twist after wonderful twist!
How do you make mini cheesecake cookie cups or bites?
Crafting adorable miniature sized cheesecake cookie cups or bites allows snacking on these lush treats in perfectly portioned, poppable forms. Here are some tips:
Mini Muffin Tin Method:
– Line wells of a mini muffin pan with small strips of parchment paper pressed into sides.
– Gently press cookie dough into bottoms and up along sides to create cookie cups.
– Bake 5-7 minutes just until set then let cool completely before removing.
– Fill with cheesecake mousse, fruit preserves, chocolate ganache etc. for petite desserts!
Cookie Dough Truffles:
– Roll chilled cookie dough into 1 inch balls and place on a baking sheet.
– Bake approximately 8-12 minutes until just set then cool completely.
– Mix cream cheese filling ingredents until smooth and gently coat cookies balls before drizzling with chocolate.
– Chill again briefly to set chocolate shell before serving cold.
With mindful mini-sizing, cheesecake cookie components transform into cocktail party nibbles, cake pop doppelgangers or frozen yogurt mix-in toppers bringing double the cheesecake joy in every tiny indulgence!
What other low carb/keto ingredients pair well with these cookies?
Beyond traditional cheesecake cookie ingredients, adding extra keto-friendly mix-ins allows creative riffing for delicious low-carb recipe customization. Some winning flavor pairings include:
Nut Butters – Swirling peanut butter, almond butter or crunchy butter varieties into dough or using as filling contrast lends delicious nuttiness, texture and healthy fats.
Berries – Mixing freeze dried raspberry powder or dried strawberry bits into base batters beautifully complements creamy tangy flavors for a fruit-studded treat.
Cocoa Powder – Blend some unsweetened cocoa into dough then sandwich two cookies together with avocado chocolate frosting for fudgy fun.
Collagen Peptides – Adding a couple scoops unflavored collagen protein boosts nutrition notably while lending further binding properties for improved satiny, melt-in-your-mouth cookie appeal.
Fatty Acids – Stirring a spoonful MCT or coconut oil into batter improves macros even further while contributing subtle tropical essence.
The possibilities for upgrading both health factors AND epic taste proceed endless when thoughtfully incorporating collagen, healthy fats and low glycemic mix-ins into keto cookie alchemy resulting in irresistible snacking magic!